Pages

Friday 21 October 2011

Christmas Medallion

 
 A while ago, whilst blog hopping, I remember seeing that someone had used the large Medallion stamp to make a Christmas card and thought what a good idea it was. Unfortunately I can't find it now and don't remember what it looked like, or who made it, but thank you for the idea whoever it was. I stamped the Medallion in Old Olive onto a square of Whisper White and added some berries (more on those later), the sentiment is from Perfect Punches stamped in Real Red, cut out with a circle punch and placed in the centre of the main image with dimensionals. A bow of narrow Real Red Taffeta ribbon added at the bottom, a sprinkling of Dazzling Diamonds, matted and layered onto Real Red and a white card blank and job done!
Now for a bit more on those berries - I had a Vicky* moment (sadly I don't get these too often!) and used my crpo-a-dile to punch out three of the larger circles from a piece of scrap rubber that you get left over from the stamp sets, and mounted them onto the end of a thin wood mount and, hey presto, ready made holly berries. I simply highlighted them with a white gel pen to give them some depth.
* Click on 'Vicky' to visit her blog and see some truly stunning creations

8 comments:

  1. Margaret, this is brilliant including your cute berries. I will be trying this one soon! In the meantime, have you seen this "snowfight" video ad? Just the thing to put you in a christmassy mood.

    http://tiarahelen.blogspot.com/2011/10/getting-in-mood-for-christmas-crafting.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Margaret,
    this is so very perfect as a Christmas wreath card, the berries are very successful ! I have been playing with wreathes today too but my berries aren't as neat as these- must practice !!!
    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret, what a fabulous idea! Such an elegant Christmas card. I love the Old Olive colour and the berries are brilliant! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Martgaret
    Gorgeous card....gorgeous stamp.....
    hugs sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, margaet your cards are always so beautiful! Have you thought of entering them at http://simplystampinchallenge.blogspot.com/
    it's a stampin up challenge blog.
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are brilliant Margaret - I hadn't thought of using the cropadile to cut the rubber! Off to make mine now...! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Margaret, came across your example of a Christmas card just after I'd spent the afternoon playing with this stamp (making a couple of birthday cards). Love the berries and the bow, it looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is just stunning! The Elf approval stamp right here for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...