Pages

Thursday 10 November 2011

Gift Boxes


Something 3D for you today, some little Pillow Boxes cut with the SU die. Last week I posted a card I was asked to make for a 50th birthday on which I used the Everything Eleanor set teamed with some of the luxurious Mocha Morning DSP so, when I was asked to make three gift boxes for the same person's very special birthday presents, I decided to stick with the same colour scheme. The boxes are made with Whisper White, Soft Suede and Brushed Gold cardstock and I embossed the gold and suede with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder and stamped the white with the Parlor Prints background stamp in Crumb Cake. After assembling the boxes I tied co-ordinating ribbon around each one (this is where I own up to using 2 lots of ribbon from my own stash as I didn't have the right colours in my collection of SU ribbons but the one I did use is Soft Suede Taffeta!). The embellishments were made by punching cardstock with the Lace Ribbon Border punch and cutting out one of the fancy circles which was then backed with a 1" circle in co-ordinating colour and a small (non-SU) pearl was added to the centre.

2 comments:

  1. Margaret, I am impressed, your boxes are wonderful, I like that patterned and embossed parer. All boxes looks very elegant. Great work you made!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look very luxurious Margaret :) Love the embossed texture.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...