Pages

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Everyday Enchantment















At the moment I am looking for 'quick'n'easy' cards - you know for that time when you need a card but you haven't got ages to think about it let alone make it as well. I also wanted to incorporate some of the new stamp sets and papers that I have (not all are new to the catalogues but new to me) and here is one that uses the Everyday Enchantment DSP - one of the choices in the SAB catalogue. I have used Calypso Coral which is a colourI haven't used before, a bit bright for my usual style of card but sometimes I need to be just that bit more adventurous and cater for other people's taste as well as my own, and besides that it co-ordinates perfectly with the DSP I chose! I have teamed it up with Crumb Cake as I thought it tied the two together really well. The Calypso Coral cardstock was embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder and cut to size before layering onto a DL card blank and a piece of the DSP was butted up against this. I punched some Crumb Cake cardstock with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch and I tied some Crumb Cake Taffeta ribbon around before placing down the join. The sentiment, from Create-a-Cupcake, was stamped in Calypso Coral onto a scrap of the DSP and punched with the Word Window punch and placed onto a Large Oval.
I will be back with some more quick cards, some of which have been inspired by Vicky aka Crafting Clare who is a constant source of inspiration to me and hundreds of others! I do try not to 'case' cards completely but use inspiring designs to change here & there and come up with my own version. So thank you Vicky, I spent a good few hours browsing your gorgeous creations the other night, which kept me happy while it was freezing cold and snowing like mad outside :0)

2 comments:

  1. Lovely bright card. The papers are gorgeous and love how you've made your sentiment tag. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Margaret - you've got me blushing now! Thank you for your kind words and rest assured I spend quite a bit of time browsing here too! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...