Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Quick'n'Easy
























Another quick and easy card, this time suitable for a man. I began by placing a post-it note on the inside front of a square card blank and scoring around it using my score board. I then turned the card over and placed the post-it onto the embossed square as a mask before randomly stamping the leaf from French Foliage in Crumb Cake. After removing the mask I stamped the text stamp, again from French Foliage in Crumb Cake, in the centre and then the bird from Notably Ornate was stamped in Early Espresso on top. Have you noticed the wiggly line under the sentiment? Well it wasn't meant to be there but when I inked up the stamp I managed to get a bit of ink on the edge of the rubber which left a mark that I didn't want. I took my Early Espresso marker and fashioned a wiggly line underneath to cover up the mistake. One disaster averted!!!!

And this one's for all you romantics out there - Happy Valentine's Day. This is a card I was 'playing' with yesterday, and I know it's rubbish but thought I'd show you anyway :0) I recently bought a white Stazon ink pad and wanted to experiment as it came with a refill and the pad had to be re-inked before use. Being impatient I tried it as soon as I had put the ink on and I think I should have let it soak in first because it didn't stamp very evenly. It is a stamp from the SAB set Outlined Occasions and the 'you' is part of another stamp. It doesn't show up very well in the photo but, before the ink dried, I sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds just to see what happened and they stuck quite well. Anyway enough of my ramblings, have a good day and do come back tomorrow x

3 comments:

  1. This is different Margaret and a very successful male card ! They are not easy to get right in my experience ! Great use of the bird from notably ornate and the scoring gives a nice finishing touch.
    Have a good day .
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leaf shape makes a lovely border. The little hearts on the second is very sweet too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the first card Margaret - two of my favourite stamps and a beautiful design! Clever cover up on the sentiment too. Thanks for the tip about re-inking the white stazon pad! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...