Pages

Saturday 14 April 2012

5 S's?


Wondering about the title of my post today? Well it's the Simply'Stampin Sketch challenge using Simply Soft! Go on humour me :0)
I used panels of DSP from Nursery Nest (one of the packs offered free with orders over £45 during April) and stamped the image from the Simply Soft Hostess set in Always Artichoke and then matted these onto slightly larger panels of Always Artichoke cardstock. These were then attached to a card blank and a border, punched with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch, positioned across the panels. The sentiment was stamped onto Whsisper White and punched with the Word Window punch then matted onto a tag from the Lots of Tags dies with a piece of Baker's Twine threaded through the top.
Another very simple card - or it should have been if I'd had my brain in gear! I had three attempts at stamping one of the panels before I got it right as I got ink on the edge of the stamp - twice (you would think I would have learnt the first time wouldn't you?) and then cut the DSP wrong. Oh well I got there in the end and maybe now I should get on with the hundred and one jobs I need to do before going back to work on Monday. 
Have a great weekend and come back soon x

7 comments:

  1. Margaret, I love how simple this is! The repeated image looks great! Thanks for joining in the SSC! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the simplicity, and this is a colour that I don't use that often, but it's really pretty!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Simply Stampin'
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the subtle colours on this sketch card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely soft colours Margaret. Always Artichoke is one of favourite colours. Thank you for joining us at Simply Stampin' this week. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sticking with the same colour has worked really well and I love your little tag Margaret, it finishes off the card perfectly! Thanks for joining in this week's Simply Stampin' Challenge! Kirei x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card Margaret - and a fab use of the Nursery Nest DSP, you really highlight it's not just for baby stuff! Love the tag added to the scalloped border, a lovely touch!

    Thanks so much for sharing with us again at Simply Stampin' and I look forward to you joining us again very soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...