Pages

Thursday 7 June 2012

Decorated Gift Tin


I was busy yesterday making a gift for a friend's birthday, comprising of a decorated tin containing six cards. I managed to get it finished just in time to take photos before it was too dark!
I started by covering the tin with a piece of DSP from the Mocha Morning Speciality set and fixed some Crumb Cake taffeta ribbon around the rim using double sided tape and tied in a bow to the side. The large flower was made with Crumb Cake cardstock and the Scallop Circle punch, with an Antique Brad in the centre and the smaller ones with Very Vanilla and a circle punch. It's quite difficult to see on the photo but there are also two leafy branches cut with the Little Leaves die.
Below you can see the inside of the tin, both empty and holding the cards, and also the cards I made to go inside. I kept with the colour scheme of Crumb Cake and Basic Black, other than that I won't bore you with the details as they are nothing new, just a variation on others I've made before!

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely gift for a friend . Where did you get the tins from Margaret?
    Margaret J

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea Margaret and it looks lovely Im sure your friend will be delighted I know I would be !Aud x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fab. Love the divider and the folder for the envelopes. The cards are super too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice - a lovely project showcasing so many lovely SU products ! Beautiful colours too ! jane x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...