Pages

Sunday 15 July 2012

Graduation card


 A very quick post today as I am still on 'hospital duty' and it still looks like it's going to be for some time yet! This card is made for a friend and work colleague who got fantastic results for the degree he's been studying on a part-time basis whilst working at school, he is such a lovely person and his results are very well deserved. I got my inspiration for the card from Jackie Topa whose card can be seen here.
It uses Basic Black, Brushed Silver and Whisper White cardstock with a piece of Basic Gray Satin ribbon (for the tie) and some retired Silver Elastic Cord for the tassel and the tie on the scroll. The sentiment was silver embossed, cut out with the Modern Label Punch and layered onto a cut Modern Label in Brushed Silver.
Another thank you to all who have sent good wishes to myself, the family and my Dad during his stay in hospital. It is unlikely that he will make any improvement now but he has reached the grand old age of 90 without ever being ill so that is definitely something to be grateful for.
Be back as soon as I can and thanks for sticking with me :0)

4 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Margaret, I love the design. Sending best wishes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is brilliant Margaret, a great graduation card, hope things is improving with your dad. Aud x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super graduation card Margaret well done.
    I am sorry to read your Dad is in hospital I do hope things improve for him, I know what it's like with all the hosp visits you don't get a moment to yourself Take care Big Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has come up brilliantly. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...