Pages

Thursday 14 February 2013

Music for LIM



Whilst having a bit of a clear out in my craftroom I came across a piece of this cardstock, from the Natural Composition Speciality Designer Papers, and thought I would experiment. This paper (which is definitely more like cardstock) is one of those packs that you don't want to use because it's too nice so I haven't tried to do anything much with it before. It is a Kraft cardstock, clear embossed on one side in different designs (if you look carefully at the larger photo, you can just make out the embossing on the right hand side), so I was unsure whether you could stamp on it or not. Only one way to find out and, as it was the design with the music on it, I thought Less is More! In all honesty I hadn't even remembered there was a music design in the pack until I saw Vicky's entry last weekend (you can her lovely card here).
As you can probably tell, this took about 2 minutes to make and is in no way a show stopper but I just wanted to share, in case you didn't know, that yes you can stamp on it!
The sentiment is from the retired Happiest Birthday Wishes stamped in Basic Black and the 'nephew' is from For my Family. I know it should be 'happy birthday TO you' but try singing it, 'dear you' still works :0)
As the challenge is a one layer card I have left it like this but I think I will now cut it down and layer it onto a Neutrals Ivory card base as I think it looks a bit stark as it is.

Edited to add: After writing this yesterday and scheduling it to post today, I spent 5 minutes layering it up. In my opinion it looks a tad better now!

1 comment:

  1. This looks super... I know what you mean about not wanting to use things because they are too nice!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...