Pages

Wednesday 6 February 2013

Simples!


Still going with the neutrals and yes, using my favourite stamp set again, I made this card for a friends birthday. As the card needed to be posted I could not go with too many raised embellishments so I went down the 'simples' route. (I really like the sound of that so maybe, when I get myself organised, I will do a weekly 'simples' post, how does 'Simples Sunday' sound??)
I used a sentiment from Sassy Salutations and, because of the boldness of this font, I think you can allow it to take centre stage. (It's getting better - Sassy Salutations Simples Sunday :0) !!!)
I inked the seed head stamp, from Summer Silhouettes, with Chocolate Chip and stamped off before stamping a row along the bottom of a piece of Very Vanilla and then stamped the sentiment. The banner was made with 2 strips of cardstock, shaped into a V at one end, this was glued to the card before adding another small sentiment (now retired) punched with the Word Window punch. This was then matted onto Chocolate Chip cardstock and then onto a Naturals Ivory card blank, the addition of a few Basic Pearls finished the card off.

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Margaret (but simples!). Yes, please do a simples Sunday, that would be cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...