Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

One for the Men


I don't know about you but I always seem to be in need of small gifts for one reason or another (mostly to say thank you in my case!) and, if like me, you need to watch your pennies then a small handmade gift is ideal and a perfect example of 'it's the thought that counts'. But what if the recipient is male? You don't want anything flowery or too fancy so this is what I've come up with.
I used Midnight Muse cardstock, DSP and ribbon which is one of the 2012-14 In Colours and is somewhere in between Not Quite Navy and Night of Navy and perfect for the men.
I measured my chocolate bar and cut a strip of cardstock to fit, scoring in all the right places before adding a strip of DSP down the middle. A belly band was made to hold the chocolate bar in place and glued (remember not to make this too tight as you want to be able to slide the chocolate bar in and out). A knot of Stitched Satin ribbon was tied around the pouch before adding a sentiment from A Word for You punched with the Small Oval punch and matted onto a Large Oval.
The card is also very simple using the same supplies, with the strips being cut from the Tasteful Trim Bigz die and a sentiment from Bring on the Cake.

Until next time, Happy Crafting and I'll be back soon x




2 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a gift... I do tend to give little thank you gifts, but you don't want to just give them in a plastic bag. This is ideal & I will have a go at creating one soon.

    Happy Crafting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little gift idea Margaret. I've been having a peek at your recent posts, you have been busy! I love the froggy treat holder. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...