Pages

Monday 13 May 2013

Using Apertures





I was inspired to make this card by one I saw on Lizy Bartaby's blog who is a fellow Pink Lady. It is not case'd just 'inspired by' this gorgeous card (here) that Lizy entered into last week's LIM challenge. Don't just stop at that card though, take a look at the rest of Lizy's lovely creations.
For my card I cut the aperture using a die from Apothecary Accents Framelits and fixed a piece of Cherry Cobbler DSP onto the base card so it would show through the aperture. Taking one of the images from Fabulous Florets, I stamped some images in Versamark and heat embossed them using clear embossing powder. Then, on a scrap piece of card, I stamped three more flowers and this time embossed with Cherry Cobbler, before fussy cutting them. The aperture panel was then fixed to the card blank using dimensionals before arranging the Cherry Cobbler flowers and adding some Certainly Celery leaves, punched from the Bird Builder punch. I finished the card by stamping a sentiment from Bring on the Cake onto the DSP.
Tomorrow I have another aperture card to show you, using the same stamp set but in a different colour and a different shaped die.

1 comment:

  1. This looks lovely Margaret. The flowers are fab. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...