Pages

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Simply Sketched


A different style of card from me today but I was playing with a new Hostess set, Simply Sketched. I used one of the Squares Collection Framelits dies to cut an aperture in a piece of copy paper and used this as a mask to sponge Soft Sky and Pear Pizzazz onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock. Using my Old Olive and Early Espresso marker pens I inked up the bird image, stamped this onto the card and then, using a blender pen, I lightly coloured in the bird. The little tufts of grass are a stamp from Dinoroar. A frame was made from Naturals White cardstock using the same square framelit and the slightly larger one, and then glued onto the stamped panel. I stamped off the leafy branch and stamped a couple of times onto a Naturals White card blank before fixing the frame to the card. A sentiment, from the same set, was stamped in Pear Pizzazz and punched with the Large Oval punch.
I'll be back tomorrow with a little candle box which we made at my Craft Day last week.
Margaret x



3 comments:

  1. Hello Margaret, I really like this card, the colours are just right, very subtle and the frame around the stamped image makes it pop! Keep up the great ideas. Sue Ralph x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful, Margaret, great attention to detail. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...