Pages

Tuesday 12 November 2013

House of Cards Swap Card




My card today has a dual purpose - it is my entry for this month's colour challenge 'Clean &Simple' at House of Cards and is also the card winging it's way to Alison for this month's card swap group. Jane has asked us to use our all time favourite stamp set and, as I explained to Alison, my favourite seems to change on a weekly basis. This week's favourite is Stippled Blossoms along with a sentiment from Four You which is a definite favourite!
Stippled Blossoms is a two-step stamp set so I started with a flower stamped in Pumpkin Pie and overstamped with Basic Black. I then cut out a mask for this flower from a post-it note, placed this over the stamped image and stamped the leaves. I used Pear Pizzazz for the leaves, with the base stamped off first to give a lighter shade then overstamped with ink straight from the pad. I added a few smaller flowers and leaves below the main flower to fill in. The sentiment was stamped slightly overlapping the leaves in Basic Black. The panel was matted onto Basic Black and then onto a Pear Pizzazz card blank. Again I have had to take a photo in not very good light but I can assure you the Pumpkin Pie is a much brighter orange in real life!! The HOC colour inspiration photo is shown below


Margaret x

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I love the bold flower and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards. Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Well done. Always a great card when you can share it with a card swap group. Thanks for sharing with us this week at HOC C&S. Hope to see you back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely STUNNING card! LOVE the images you used--and your two step stamping is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at HOC--hope you join us again soon! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I love this beautiful rose, with the hello in bold!
    Thanks for sharing with us this week at HOC C&S Challenge.

    I'm looking forward to your next creation!
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is beautiful Margaret, I love that image!! Thanks for joining us at HOC this week!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and Stippled Blossoms is one of my favourite flower sets from this year's SU catalogue too! Thanks for joining in the HOC Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    HOC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...