Pages

Monday 27 January 2014

Celebrating 70!


 
This is a commissioned card that I was asked to make by a work colleague for her Aunt's 70th birthday. There was no brief, just 'a nice card' so I knew immediately what I wanted to do. A couple of weeks ago Paula Knall, a fellow SU team member, posted the most beautiful card on our groups Facebook page and I knew it was one that I would definitely CASE at some point and this was my chance! Paula's card can be seen on her blog here. It is a very similar style to lots of cards I have made before i.e. the design and layout but I loved the use of the subtle Crisp Cantaloupe and the small flowers from a new (soon available) set called Petite Petals. I added some leaves cut with the Little Leaves Sizzlits Die and a piece of Whisper White Taffeta ribbon which I had coloured with Crisp Cantaloupe and a sponge dauber. The sentiment is from Memorable Moments.
I will leave you with one last question - is it ever going to stop raining???
Bye for now
Margaret x



2 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Margaret, those flowers are gorgeous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful Margaret! I really love those flowers and the sentiment in the aperture :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...