Pages

Monday 14 April 2014

More Shadowing with a Technique


This is yet another card for the LIM challenge which this week is a one layer card using 'Shadows'. I tried out a new technique to me - using masking tape (or decorators tape) to create a background. This is not the best example but I was quite pleased with it for a first time attempt. Basically you take a piece of masking tape, place it on your inkpad and rub it gently with your fingers before taking it off and placing it on your cardstock to transfer the ink. There are plenty of YouTube videos showing you how to do this if you haven't already tried it. My masking tape was only cheap stuff so is quite grainy but I quite like the texture it gives. I used Pistachio Pudding and Soft Sky then stamped the image from Lovely as Tree in Early Espresso then re-stamped to get the shadow effect.
A couple of score lines and a simple sentiment were added to finish the card.
Margaret x




5 comments:

  1. another fab card margaret.. you are on a roll this week

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    Less Is More

    ReplyDelete
  2. another beautiful card Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never disappoint us Margaret, another super one!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super texture from your tape Margaret!
    Thank you for another entry this week
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great technique. and a great card, I love that stamp set, never gets old.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...