Pages

Monday 26 January 2015

In loving memory of Margaret..

Dear All,

Whilst it still doesn't quite seem real, this is to announce that our mother Margaret passed away in December 2014.

Whilst some of you may be aware that she was hospitalised earlier in the year, the end
was not a result of a battle; she passed away without worry, without hurt, and in the comfort of independence within her own home. She will truly rest in peace.

I have found this 'draft' post that she obviously hadn't sent but we would like to share..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Sorry to leave you

It is with sadness that I am now going to write my last ever post but I am now ready to share my story.

I have been recently diagnosed with a life threatening illness and my life has changed completely. I was in hospital for a while bu am now back at home , being as independent as I can be for as long as I can be - stubborn old bird to the end!!

My journey with Stampin'Up! was good - when Michelle persuaded me to take it up I thought I would be able to last for the first quarter, that was a little over 4 years ago now. I only ever had a few customers but they were real friends and supported me to success. Funnily enough I thought I would feel quite resentful at no longer being able to use my lovely goodies to create but the only feelings I have towards my 'stash' are that I want them to be used by people who appreciate them as much as i did.

I am very accepting of my situation, and determined to enjoy my fabulous family in whatever time I have left they have all been truly amazing. My sister, Linda, is one of the most amazing people I know and has always been there for me and for this I am so, so thankful- this wasn't how it was meant to be was it sis??

I have 'met' some remarkably kind and caring people through crafting and my blog and I will now leave you all with my thought/saying

Please don't be sad when I'm gone, be thankful I was here x x

Love from Margaret x x


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Thank you to everyone for visiting Making Papercrafts over the past few years, thank you to those that followed this blog, to everyone who commented on the posts, to those that have taken inspiration, and those that inspired.

Danielle & Matthew


This is Margaret celebrating a 60th Birthday with her beloved grandchildren



23 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am sitting here with a tear in my eye, but at the same time feeling uplifted at such a wonderful post. Your mum was a great crafter and always had loads of original ideas. Such a wonderful photo of her too with her grand kids! Love to all the family. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss, we will all miss Margaret and her wonderful creations. thanks for sharing her last words.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Danielle and Matthew, Thank you so much for sharing Margaret's last post with us all! I met your Mum and Linda a few years ago when I went on my very first craft weekend! My sister and I shared the same crafting area and we all got on so well! I have followed Margaret's blog with interest and we had kept in touch via email and card swaps and again on another crafting weekend! Margaret will be sorely missed but touched my life so I wont forget her! We all have our memories of her! Take care and best wishes to you and your family. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of "strength" (I don't know if this is the right word, sorry) to Margrets family. I'm reading this post with tears in my eyes. So sorry for the loss of your mother and grandmother. I loved to be here on her blog and letting me inspire by her great cards.
    Hugs Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing one last post on Margaret's blog and it is so lovely to see Margarets own words. She will truly be missed and I know that so many were so inspired by her creative talents. I will think of Margaret often and remember many happy memories, sending love to you all x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss, I admired all of Margarets creations xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this post. I knew Margaret through Stampin' Up! - she was a wonderful, talented lady who will be sadly missed but not forgotten. Thoughts and prayers with you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very sad, Margaret was a real inspiration and my thoughts are with you and your family x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so sad to hear about Margaret. She was a lovely blogging friend. So kind. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for your loss but thanks to Margaret for all the inspiration she has given over the years. Love and hugs to you all x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sad and shocked to read this. I always looked forward to new blog posts and seeing all the fantastic cards Margaret created. However it is good to know that she was at peace and her last blog post was very positive and moving. Thinking of all her family at this time and thank you for sharing her last post here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Danielle and Matthew
    Thank you for your post, and so very sorry for your loss.
    I will miss Margaret's inspiring and original posts and our cyber giggles together about our crafting too. I hope it is a comfort that she got so much out of crafting and all the creations I am sure she has left to remind you of her.
    Love to you and your family
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bless her, what a lovely lady, always ready to share her wonderful creativity. Thank you for sharing this last post and for sharing the photo of Margaret enjoying time with her grandchildren. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry for your loss and my thoughts are with you and all the rest of your family. We will all miss her and her inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing her touching last post. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was so excited to see in my blog list that there was an new post on this blog, this was not what I expected. I am sorry for the loss of your Mum and Grandmother - with your introduction and your Mum's post it is obvious she was an amazing woman - not just the amazing crafter / card maker that I have been following for years. I thoroughly enjoyed her creativity and her stories about who the card was for and why she chose the styles / colours etc for that person. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so very sorry to learn of Margaret's passing. Her creations were inspired and her willingness to share reflected her generous spirit. Thank you for posting her beautiful message.
    Sue
    aka Mrs Noofy

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just wanted to pop on to say that I run a card swap group and your mum was a member. It was such a shock last year to hear that she had passed away. I never met your mum, but I knew through her blog and the group that she was such a lovely lady, very warm and generous, and from our point of view, very, very talented. I miss her very much. When I set up this month's challenge, her name popped up in my email inbox and I thought of her again. She was much loved and will be greatly missed. With love, Jane Orson x

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry to hear your sad news. I also so followed your Mums blog and loved all her ideas I looked daily for inspiration for my own makes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so sorry for your loss. I looked at her creations many times and I thought she was a very great crafter; I loved her cards very much. Love and strength wished by me, Mimi from Holland.
    mcvw@home.nl

    ReplyDelete
  20. So very sorry to hear this news - your Mum was always happy to answer any of my questions and always happy to share her marvellous ideas. Thinking of you and wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gone but not forgotten. A big hole to fill in a busy world. Missing you lots! Love to all your family

    goodnight Margaret xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sorry to read about Margaret... I will miss her inspiration and seeing her lovely cards... was very touched to read this post and the photo with her grandchildren is so lovely... my condolences to you all x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...