Pages

Monday 10 October 2011

Gift set

It is my daughter's birthday and this is the set I have made for her. Bit of a butterfly theme going on here and this is not because she has any affinity with them, but purely because she wanted a memo board like the ones I have made previously! (middle right)
All made in Cherry Cobbler because she particularly likes red and I have used the Jolly Holiday DSP, which is now retired, for some of the embellishments.
The box (bottom left and bottom right) was made with the brand new Petal Cone die with the bottom points cut off, scored and made into a flat bottom box. I used the, also new, Scallop Dotted Ribbon punch to make a belly band and finished it off with butterflies cut with the Beautiful Wings Embosslits die and some Tiny Tags, cut with the Jewelry Tag punch. The money wallet is made with the Scallop Envelope die and  the embossed stripes on the birthday card was done with the new Stripes Embossing Folder and stamped with a sentiment from Perfect Pairs. I had great fun playing with all my new goodies and I'm sure you'll see much more of the gorgeous Petal Cone die - I love it!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love all these projects. How did you get the embossed stripes just part way in the card? Nicole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so gorgeous - she will love them. Like Nicole, I'm curious about the partial embossing...? Vx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret !
    Thanks for your lovely comments and for stopping by to view my blog ! Actually I found your blog about three days ago and was so impressed with how neat and elegant your work is so I bookmarked you !!! Hope we keep in touch !
    I would never have thought of using the cone die in that way ( I need to think more outside the box ! Sorry it think that might be a pun !!! ), will put it on my wish list !
    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning makes Margaret! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...