Pages

Tuesday 27 December 2011




Welcome back and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. 
Today's card is one which I made very quickly yesterday whilst waiting for visitors. It is for my daughter-in-law's January birthday and, as the gift is money, I wanted to give it to my son rather than posting but as usual I left it until the last minute!
I used the flower spray from Hopeful Thoughts and coloured it with Old Olive and Cherry Cobbler markers, stamped onto Whisper White and added the sentiment from the Hostess set, Happiest Birthday Wishes. The Whisper White was matted onto a piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock with a piece of Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding tied round and knotted and then placed onto a plain white card blank. Some of the tiny Basic Pearls were added to the centre of the flowers to finish the card. 
I made the matching money holder by simply cutting an envelope with the Scallop Envelope die, stamping the flap with the same flower spray and using Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding to keep it closed.
The card also shows how you can 'rescue' something if you make a mistake! After stamping the spray I added the sentiment but it was a bit wonky so, because I was making the card in a hurry, I decided to cut the Whisper White at an angle at the top and bottom rather than straight and I have to say I was really quite pleased with a bit of variation from the norm. The moral of the story is - don't panic if you make a mistake - think of a way to utilise it :0)
Until next time, enjoy the rest of the festivities and I'll be back soon x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful and elegant as always Margaret.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very effective. I must try marker colouring this stamp. Thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...