Pages

Saturday 7 January 2012

All things Purple











 Less is More 

'PREDOMINANTLY PURPLE'
As you can see the Less is More challenge this week is using purple and, unlike Chrissie & Mandi, I love this colour (well for crafting anyway!) For this card I have chosen Elegant Eggplant which has to be one of my all-time favourite SU colours. The stamp set used is Everything Eleanor and I stamped two of the flower stamps in Whisper White then added stems and highlights to the flowers with my white gel pen. A piece of the new Scallop Dots ribbon was placed across the card (although in hindsight I think it may have looked better without) and the sentiment panel positioned on top. For this I stamped the shape (again from Everything Eleanor) in Elegant Eggplant, which had been stamped off first, and added the sentiment from Sincere Salutations - this was then positioned onto the card with the excess on the RHS cut off. I'm not altogether happy with the finished card (when am I??) but I do like the general idea of it - maybe a bit more practise with the highlighting would be an improvement :0)
Have a good weekend, at least the weather is showing a slight improvement.

21 comments:

  1. Just lovely - VERY effective in white

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stamp and gorgeous rich colour of the base card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great Margaret... I'm glad you are another one who loves purple!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Margaret - I love that colour! Another elegant and special creation.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers look terrific on the EE Margaret
    Even I agree it's a lovely shade lol
    Thank you so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card , very dramatic and I think the highlights look great.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. White against a dark background always looks elegant and those flowers pop! XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Margaret. I like the flowers in white and your frame for your sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW. This is so effective Margaret. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect
    Unique
    Really great
    Pleasing to the eye.
    Lovely
    Exquisite

    Jenjoy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the effect of the stamps. Thank you for your visit in my blog.
    XXX
    Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is simply stunning Margaret, I just love the simplicity and elegance of this card ! What beautiful detail in this stamp !
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very elegant indeed Margaret, beautiful card. Have just added myself as a follower. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful, Margaret. I think your highlighting is great

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooo the white ink looks sumptuous on the purple Margaret...gorgeous card :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous purple and gorgeous flowers, love it, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you did an amazing job with this challenge! I lov the white accents...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very elegant card!So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...