Pages

Friday 17 February 2012

Sale-a-Bration Freebies!




 Something a bit different to my usual style today – fancier and more layers, but I am quite pleased with the result. I wanted to make something with the SAB sets of Everyday Enchantment DSP and the Fresh Vintage stamp set so I chose the paper that echoes the stamp and made a gift box and matching card. The box is just one I made up and is a basic square box with a lid but I cut two of the sides a bit differently to add a bit of interest. The box base is made from Pool Party cardstock with panels of DSP added and the loop is Riding Hood Red Taffeta ribbon – the actual red in the paper is Poppy Parade but, as I didn’t have this, I tried the R.H.Red and I think it matched just as well.
The card is a Naturals Ivory blank with a strip of Pool Party, a narrower strip of DSP on top and finally a strip of the Pool Party again, punched with the Scallop Dotted Ribbon punch and finished with a knot of R.H.Red Taffeta ribbon. I stamped the sentiment, from Happiest Birthday Wishes, three times onto Very Vanilla, punched out with co-ordinating punches and then layered using dimensionals. At this stage the card looked a little bare on the right-hand side so, before fixing the strip into place, I stamped the stamp (which matches the DSP) in Crumb Cake and then fixed the card & DSP strip on top slightly overlapping the stamped images.
The Fresh Vintage stamp set and the lovely Everyday Enchantment DSP are two of the choices you can get free with an order of £45, available only until 31st March – so go on, treat yourself and get some freebies while you can!

5 comments:

  1. Margaret, you make everything look so beautiful ! This is such a lovely card and gift box set and these stamps and papers are my favs from the SAB. Have a great day !
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card and box and uses the stamps and papers so well. Thank you for sharing this project. Can't wait to get my freebies now to have a play.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jane Goldman (above) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful. I have the papers but no in colour cardstock, so as soon as that arrives I'll be able to start creating (although I have heard people using this with real red and old olive and it worked very well).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic gift box and card, Margaret. Love how you've used the paper and the medallion birthday stamp goes really well. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...