Pages

Saturday 21 April 2012

How Charming!




How Charming! is the title of the Less is More challenge this week and the ladies have asked that we use a charm on our cards. I have to admit that this is not something I use and the only time I can remember using them are for some christening cards I made some time ago. It just so happens I had one of the crosses left so I thought it was about time I revisited the christening gown cards that I have made in the past. This one is different in so much as it is a lot smaller and is not personalised (I have put the baby's name along the bottom using die cut letters before). Not really much to tell you about this other than I cut the dress from some fairly sturdy white card, making it up as I went along because the template I had made before was too big, ran the bottom bit of the dress through the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing folder and added a narrow strip of embossed card down the sleeves, really to take the plainness off. The flowers were punched with the Itty Bitty Shapes Pack flower punch and positioned around the neckline, with a small Basic Pearl in the centre. The ribbon tied around the top of the skirt is Whisper White Organza and the cross was stitched onto the knot in the ribbon with white cotton.
I've just looked at this post and it looks like the dress is stuck onto some sort of cream card blank so just to clarify - it is a free standing 'dress' card and the cream colour is just the paint on my shelf and walls!!!
Well I did manage to get a card done for one of the challenges today meaning 2 posts in one morning - oh dear I really must get on with some other jobs now. See you soon x

23 comments:

  1. What a clever idea, so pretty
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO pretty, what a wonderful idea and a superb card!
    Just lovely.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Margaret wow how pretty is this one and such a great idea.I love it . I'm sorry I have been poorly and unable to comment but am back now ,you have been creating some lovely cards whilst I have been away,and some great recipes I see. Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWWY , your card is amazing
    NIcky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Margaret xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely delicate card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card Margaret :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is different and so very pretty. Perfect for your cross charm.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hola Margaret, fantastic idea for a christening card, great!!!i like all of your card,well done Margaret!
    a warm hug from Palma

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful and lovely card...a wonderful idea, and the cross is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card and so original. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. really beautiful card I just love it best wishes Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card
    super idea for a christening card

    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a precious gift this card would be, just the card alone! It's so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning Margaret! I love the delicate little flowers around the neck and the cross charm is gorgeous :) Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful simplicity! It doesn't get much more LIM than this! Wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very clever...and oh so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a good idea Margaret - a really special card for a christening. I love the effect of the punched flowers as a border. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi this is oh so pretty and oh so cute!

    Tina
    X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...