Pages

Sunday 20 January 2013

Trial and Error?


This weekend has seen me doing more crafting than I have for a long time and, whilst making some pre-planned items, I ended up with lots of scraps. Usually these go in the bin but I thought I would have a little play and try out an idea. Maybe the colours together look a bit 'Christmassy' but, looking outside at the moment, I only need some fairy lights and it would actually be the perfect Christmas scene! The colours I used are Old Olive, Whisper White, Very Vanilla and Raspberry Ripple.
To make the card I gathered all the strips together and glued them diagonally onto a piece of Whisper White before running through a brand new embossing folder coming up in the Spring Mini (you'll be able to get your hands on this on 1st February!) and then glued this to a white card blank. The (retired) sentiment was stamped in Old Olive and punched out with the Extra large Oval punch. This was then matted onto a larger oval (another sneak peek at part of a set, which again will be available in the Spring Mini) which had a hole punched and some Bakers Twine threaded through and knotted.
The close up picture shows the new Embossing Folder in much better detail. I am really quite pleased with this effect and I will definitely be having another go but, despite it being a way to use up scraps, I probably won't wait that long!
I hope you are all keeping safe and warm. We have had another inch of snow here since 8.30 this morning - not bad considering they said the snow wouldn't arrive here until 12 o'clock and it would be heavy :(0 I am desperately hoping school will be closed tomorrow as I could win prizes for being the biggest wimp when it comes to driving in it!
Take care, be back soon x

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely Margaret. The colours are gorgeous!

    I'm a wimp too when it comes to driving in the snow - hate it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super way to use up your scraps Margaret and I love the folder you've used. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...