Pages

Sunday 17 February 2013

Simples Sunday x 2

Can you believe it's Sunday again -where has that week gone??
Well I have 2 cards to show you this week using graduated colours, not CASE'd but inspired by several talented demo's out there in blogland.

Both using Sale-a-Bration freebies - the Bloomin' Marvelous & Pretty Petites stamp sets,the Ribbon & Button pack (although I didn't use any buttons!!) and the Petite Curly Label punch.

For the top card I used the butterfly stamp with Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise and Island Indigo and Basic Rhinestones. The sentiment is from Petite Pairs and if you would like to know how the 'label' was made see at the end of the post.

The bottom card uses the flower and leaf stamps with So Saffron, Coral Calypso and Cajun Craze.

For both cards I inked the stamp in the lightest colour first, stamped then stamped again for an even lighter colour then proceeded stamping the other two colours. The Certainly Celery leaves on the bottom card were stamped off first as I only wanted a very light image.
Now back to that label. I stamped the sentiment onto Whisper White and punched out with the Decorative Label punch. This was then inserted back into the punch and cut again. The Island Indigo was done in the same way but using the punch the other way round. Very difficult to describe in words but I hope you can see what I mean from the photos below.


Well that seemed to be a very long post today and I'm sure it took me longer to write this than to actually make both cards!! Simple to make but, it would appear, not so simple to explain!!!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend and come back soon x






2 comments:

  1. These are so pretty Margaret, and such a fab way to make those labels!! I shall deffo have to try that! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty cards - I would not have thought of repeat stamping an image, but it is very effective. Will have to give this a go. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...