Pages

Sunday 17 March 2013

Frame it for the Third Time!


A combination of not feeling well and the awful weather has seen me do not much other than craft this weekend so here is my third entry for the Less is More challenge - Frame It. This is a card for my son-in-law whose birthday is next week (he doesn't waste his time looking at mother-in-laws blog so it's safe to show you!)
I started by cutting an aperture in a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock with a die from the Ovals Collection and a piece of First Edition Speciality DSP was placed behind this. I then inked up the 'birthday' part of a stamp, from Bring on the Cake, with a Chocolate Chip marker and stamped this onto the DSP then coloured in with the same marker. The 'happy' from the same stamp was inked and stamped on to Very Vanilla and punched with the Word Window punch before inserting one end into the Jewelry Tag punch to give the shaping, a non-SU pearl was added before fixing to the edge of the aperture. I then scored some lines at the bottom of the panel and tied round some Linen Thread before fixing to a Chocolate Chip card blank.
(If you came to visit to see the Simples Sunday card scroll down to previous post x )

9 comments:

  1. Oh my, your CAS cards are stunning, Margaret. Love them all.
    Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards since my last visit Margaret! This is a perfect cards for a male - I love the brown card. Your first LIM make is stunning!

    Hope you feel better soon - not long until we break up now.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this one is my favourite out of the 3. Love the colours and it is simply perfect! hugs,judit x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great masculine card Margaret. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh you're on a roll this weekend even though you aren't feeling well! Hope you feel better soon. The brown card is super for a male so hope your SIL likes it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow yet another this week Margaret... this is super too, great for a chap!
    Thanks once again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this funky card. Very masculine and done with such ease. Thanks for the visit.
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well there's no holding you back Margaret and you've certainly got some framing ideas going here! I love this idea for a masculine card and I love the beautifully simple cards in the previous post. I think my favourite is the three aperture frame - gorgeous! Hope you're feeling better now. Take care, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card... love how you used the frame theme. Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...