Pages

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Colour Q




I'm sneaking another post in today after seeing this week's ColourQ challenge which, as you can see from the inspiration picture above, is Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Blushing Bride and White. As we no longer have Blushing Bride in the UK I have substituted this with Pink Pirouette. I started by sponging a piece of Whisper White with pink in the centre, then yellow and finished with coral on the outside. After this I ran the bottom half of the cardstock through the Honeycomb Embossing folder, matted it onto Soft Suede cardstock, added a knot of Pink Pirouette Taffeta ribbon and then fixed to a white card blank. I punched six flowers, two of each from Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette and Calypso Coral, with punches from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack and added these to the Honeycomb. Basic Pearls were used for the flower centres and a sentiment from Sassy Salutations was stamped in Soft Suede.
I really enjoy taking part in the ColourQ challenges because I am very much a 'monochrome person' and these challenges really do take me out of my comfort zone - I would NEVER think of putting these colours together and it really surprises me when I actually like the finished card :0)
Back tomorrow x (if you were expecting to see my second b&w card I have re-scheduled it for 2pm this afternoon!)

4 comments:

  1. i tended to be a monochromatic person too!! i'm so glad the colourq pushes you to be creative in new ways! it did that for me too!! thanks for joining us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for pushing yourself to use more colours, that is the fun thing with challenges. colourQ has challenged me is positive ways too. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Margaret, I love what you did with the embossing folder, beautiful soft coloring! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week...

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/04/52-card-pickup-214.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...