Pages

Monday 8 April 2013

Inspired by ......

























I know that I am becoming a little obsessed with SU since I no longer refer to colours as red or green but Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive! Whilst out browsing in a well known High St store the other day my sister and I saw clothes in Summer Starfruit, Lucky Limeade and Island Indigo but wait, it gets worse. I was flicking through a free magazine I picked up in my local supermarket and came across the picture of a 3-piece tea set (top right) grandly named 'Royal Albert Polka Rose 1930' and the first thing that came to mind was (well truthfully the first thing that came to mind was £37.50!!!) Pool Party and Rose Red.
Regular visitors to my blog will know that I am firstly a 'simple person' (no comments please!) closely followed by 'monochrome'. In an attempt to get out of the comfort zone I have decided to set myself the challenge of being inspired by pictures, photos, fabrics - in fact anything really that uses different colours together and here is my first try.
I used the fancy scallop circle from the Perfect Pennants die and drew around the scallops with a Versamark pen then gold embossed. I then stamped the dotty stamp from Confetti in Whisper White Craft ink onto the diecut and a square of Pool Party cardstock and white embossed them. A flower from Everything Eleanor was stamped onto Whisper White and a leaf from Fabulous Florets was stamped in Always Artichoke before punching out with a circle punch. Another flower was stamped onto a piece of scrap card, ink blended with a Blender pen and fussy cut to place over the original image. A bow of Pool Party ribbon (from SAB) was added at the bottom of the circle. The square of dotty, white embossed card was matted onto Brushed Gold and then onto a card blank. The sentiment is from Field Flowers, stamped in Early Espresso onto Crumb Cake and cut into a tag. This and the circle were fixed to the card and a Basic Pearl added to the centre of the flower.
There you have it - me feeding my obsession. Oh if only I could get as obsessed with tackling the jungle that used to be a garden!
Who knows where my next inspiration will come from but I'll be back x

2 comments:

  1. Lol, I'd never remember all the colours but they definitely sound more interesting than plain blue, pink, etc!

    Love the colour combination on this card - so Cath Kidston and very pretty. Gorgeous card!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret this is just gorgeous! The colours are so pretty. Love it! Gill x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...