Pages

Saturday 7 December 2013

LIM - Metallic & a Colour


Firstly can I say a big thank you to Chrissie and Jen for showcasing my 'Bird' card over at LIM this week - it's very much appreciated ladies! (the card is shown bottom right)
Now onto this week's challenge which is 'Metallic & a Colour' and my card uses some retired SU products. I have to say I'm not pleased with the end result but I don't have time to make another at the moment so watch this space!
The 'metallic' part of the card is a Brushed Silver heart (cut with the retired Heart of Hearts Embosslit) and the colour is Real Red. After cutting the heart I punched a star using one of the Merry Minis punches and placed a piece of Real Red cardstock behind. I stamped the sentiment from, the also retired, Heard from the Heart stamp set onto Whisper White matted onto Real Red and a knot of Real Red Tafftea ribbon tied round before layering on a card blank. The embossed heart was then fixed on the card with dimensionals and a Basic Rhinestone added to the centre of the star.
I think it is the silver and red combination that I don't like - maybe I should have chosen a gold heart with the red or used green with the silver, who knows? Anyway I'm sure to be back for this challenge as I already have an idea for 'Simples Sunday'. In hindsight perhaps I should have stuck to my original idea and called it 'Simples Saturday' :0)
Have a great weekend
Margaret x





4 comments:

  1. Wouldn't be surprised to see you showcased again this week with this little beauty

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for being showcased!
    This weeks card is also a beauty! Have a great weekend, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Margaret, you are hard on yourself...but I shall look forward to see what turns up next from you!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Margaret & congrats on your card being shown xx Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...