Pages

Sunday 22 January 2012

























I have been invited to a work colleague's 40th birthday bash and, not really knowing what to buy her, I plumped for a posh bottle of Cava in a sophisticated matt black bottle complete with a gold label. So I just had to make her card to match! I used a piece of the Brushed Gold cardstock with a stamp from Just Believe and the retired 'happy' stamp inked with StazOn (I also added the 'th' from a birthday sentiment which had been masked with a post-it before inking). This was matted onto Basic Black with a bow made from Basic Black satin ribbon and then onto a white card blank. I cut out some butterflies from Brushed Gold cardstock with the Beautiful Wings Embosslits die and added these to the card along with the 40 from the Timeless Type Junior Alphabet die. The bubbly was wrapped in cellophane and tied with Basic Black Striped Grosgrain ribbon and the tag made with the Two Tags die, Scallop Circle, 5-Petal Flower and Boho Blossoms punches and the name was written on a Modern Label punch.
What a weekend, I started off fine on Saturday morning and by the afternoon I was absolutely full of cold, coughing like mad and with a head that feels like it's about to explode. So sitting here, all wrapped up, feeling very sorry for myself having not set foot outside the door since Friday evening. Oh well at least there's a couple of things to watch on the TV tonight (thats if I can stay awake that long!!).
Hope you've all had a good weekend and I'll be back soon :0)

8 comments:

  1. Fantastic colours and I love how you extended the flowers. Very clever. Hope you feel MUCH better soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful and elegant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these colours together...such a beautifully presented gift, I'm sure she'll love it :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Margaret; one of my favourite colour combinations. Thank you for the tip on masking with a post it note !
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is perfect to match with pressie. Very elegant. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning, I love the little butterflies hidden in the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card....stunning colours

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wine is beautifully presented Margaret and the matching card is gorgeous too. So sorry to hear you're not well. Take care and get well soon, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...