Pages

Sunday 6 May 2012

Birthday Owl


This was made for the Mum of a friend at work who, apparently, loves owls. I used the Owl Punch to make the little character along with the Bird Punch for the wings and she is punched from Crumb Cake. Her dress is made from some retired DSP, just because it is pretty and matched the Rose Red cardstock I used for the heart, flowers and butterflies. The branches she is sitting on are stamped with a stamp from, the now retired Borderlines, stamped in Old Olive and then stamped again without re-inking to get the different shades of green. The butterflies were made with the Beautiful Wings Embosslits die and the flowers punched with the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack. The Happy Birthday is from a SAB set and the Mum is from For my Family. The card front is matted onto Old Olive cardstock and then onto a white square card blank. Some Basic Pearls were added to the centres of the butterflies and flowers.

4 comments:

  1. Love this. That owl is so cute and I love the darker pink flowers and butterflies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card Margaret! I love the owl and those Borderlines branches are brilliant! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Margaret; I love the layout on this card !
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and fun at the same time. The owl is adorable and I love the little flowers and butterflies. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...