Pages

Thursday 6 December 2012

Christmas Wedding





I’m back today to show you something that I considered to be a personal ‘challenge’. A work colleague asked me to make a wedding card for her brother, who is getting married 2 days after Christmas, with a colour scheme of red & gold. Now, particularly at this time of the year, red & gold shouts Christmas to me – not weddings, so I really struggled to come up with an idea. As the gift is going to be money she wanted a special, personalised card so I hope I have succeeded. 
I used Naturals Ivory for the card base layered with Riding Hood Red which I had gold embossed down one side with a stamp from Confetti and the ‘Congratulations’ from Love & Laughter. The names were computer generated and printed on Naturals Ivory before adding them to a tag made from Brushed Gold cardstock with a knot of Riding Hood Red Taffeta ribbon. I did a little bit of scoring on the card and added some tiny Brushed Gold hearts, from the Owl Builder punch, to finish the card. I made the matching envelope for the money using a retired stamp. All I need to do now is make the gift bag to put it in and the job’s done!
 
Until next time wrap up and keep warm x


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...