Pages

Thursday 24 January 2013

Friends again




Faced with the snow, and my own company, for 2 days last weekend and then an unexpected extra day off work on Monday saw me doing an unusual amount of crafting. I have had the stamp set I used for this card since last October and this is the first time it's been out of the box - how bad is that? Anyway, it's called Language of Friendship which is particularly appropriate for this week's  
Less is More challenge of 'Friends'.
I think this is a set that is easily overlooked in this year's rather large catalogue however it is a lovely set which also co-ordinates with the Bird Builder and Boho Blossoms punches. I didn't use the punches for this card and settled for stamping directly onto Very Vanilla cardstock. As the bird, his wing and the branch are all on one stamp this meant I had to colour the individual elements with markers and use my Stamp-a-ma-Jig to position onto the card. I am no bird expert so this is just a 'made up' one using a blender pen, Early Espresso and Old Olive for the colouring. The sentiment is also from the set, which has the name of the author underneath the phrase but, as I wanted it to fit onto a Modern Label, I just coloured the bit I wanted with a marker. This was matted onto a Decorative Label which had been trimmed down (the curly bit at the top & bottom cut off!) and everything assembled on a 10cm square card blank made with Early Espresso.
Until next time keep warm and hopefully this weekend will see the last of the snow x

4 comments:

  1. I love this set Margaret - and it's a bit of a bargain too! I like the way you stamped directly onto the card base. Not sure I've see anything looking like this on my bird table though! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the colours and the texture on this margaret!!

    Thanks for joining us
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful colouring!
    Thanks again
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your colouring on the bird Margaret. Super sentiment too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...