Pages

Saturday 12 January 2013

Sneek Peek


My card today is showing you a sneek peek of some brand new products coming very soon. A sentiment from a set that you will be able to get absolutely free and an embossing folder in the new Spring Catalogue, which runs from 1st Feb - 30th June. The Sale-a-Bration promotion is up first though, running from 22nd Jan through to 22nd March and for every £45 spent on products you can choose a free gift from the SAB catalogue (and this year there are also some selected products available from the main catalogue to choose from)
Now onto the card - there are a lot of very similar cards out there in blogland but this is my version. I started by embossing a section on a piece of Whisper White with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder (Spring Mini) and this was matted onto an Old Olive panel. I ran a couple of pieces of Old Olive DSP through the embossing folder and, because it is very deep embossing on this particular folder, it almost cuts through the DSP so the little hexagons are easily 'popped' out and then you just have to trim the edges with sharp paper snips. These were then glued in a pattern onto the embossed panel and a piece of Old Olive Taffeta ribbon tied around before fixing to a white card blank. The sentiment comes from a set of 4 called Vintage Verses which is an SAB set you can get for free, which I punched out with the Extra Large Oval punch and inked the edge before fixing to the card. To tell you the truth I did stamp it directly onto the card but it was wonky so I needed a quick fix!!
I hope you're all having a good weekend despite the arctic temperatures :0) Originally they forecast snow here for today, then tomorrow and now they're saying Monday teatime. I'm really not looking forward to that!!

6 comments:

  1. This is so lovely and thankyou so much for revealing the secret of the little green hexagons, as I've been wondering how everyone's been making them (no sign of a hexagon punch to go with it, you see). I can't wait to get my hands on this ef, it looks so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Margaret, hexagons are so 'on trend' at the moment. Yours looks great in the DP. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous - love the hexagon border.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm liking this folder and I love the pattern you've created with the DSP. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your version! This embossing folder was on my club order this month, and I am looking forward to playing with it. ~ Carol in brrr-land (Minnesota)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to get this folder. There have been some lovely cards on people's blogs & yours is stunning.

    Pam Mc x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...