Pages

Sunday 13 January 2013

With Love


Hello on this very cold and frosty morning (no I'm not going to start singing about mulberry bushes!) and as we are fast approaching February I thought I would show you a little 'not too slushy' Valentine's card. I started with a 10cm square card blank along with a piece of Real Red and Whisper White cardstock. Before adhering the Whisper White to the Real Red it was embossed towards the bottom with the hearts folder from the Adorning Accents Edgelits set. A large heart was diecut using the Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslits folder and glued in place before adding a Real Red heart, punched with one of the punches in the Itty Bitty Shapes set, and a Basic Rhinestone added to the centre. I don't have any current Valentine's sentiments but I thought this one from Perfect Pairs made the card say a lot without saying too much - if you get my drift!! Now onto the ribbon. At Christmas I was given a shop bought card from a friend and it had a ribbon fixed to it just like this and I loved it. Sometimes on a card (particularly one like this) it needs a little something extra but there's not really room to add a ribbon, well this solves the problem. Punch a little hole towards the top of the card, take a piece of ribbon and fold in half, poke the loop through the hole (from the back to the front) bring over the 2 tails and thread through the loop. It does take a bit of careful pulling to get it right but gives a lovely result I think. The panel was then positioned onto the card blank and job done :0) Thankfully, after what didn't turn out to be a very good year for our family, things seem a lot more settled and I am gradually getting back into the swing of crafting a bit more - to the detriment of the housework I have to say!! So hopefully in time I will get back to blogging on a more regular basis. A big thank you to all who have left such lovely comments and I am sorry I have not had time to return the favour but, one step at a tme as they say. Bye for now x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Margaret, I've been a terrible blogger too lately!

    Love this CAS Valentine's card - so elegant.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that ribbon does look good, I'll have to remember that little technique. A lovely card. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...