Pages

Thursday 18 April 2013

A very different style!





















I have given this post it's title because, for me, that's exactly what it is - a very different style. Having said that, I really enjoyed making it and am surprisingly pleased with the finished card. It does look so much better in real life as the butterflies and leaves are both curled to stand out a little which gives more dimension than you see in a photo.
The reason behind the making of this card is that a demo on ILWS has decided to set up something new called 'Pinterest Challenge' whereby someone chooses a card they've seen on Pinterest and the challenge is to replicate it using SU products.
And this is the first one (far right)
The one thing that does annoy me about Pinterest is that when things are repinned so many times it can take a long time to get back to the original - if at all. However I think that the credit for this particular card should be given to someone called Nataliya Serova, but I could be wrong!
I'm sure you don't want to be bored by me giving you step by step detail of what I did so I will just tell you the products and leave it at that
Stamp sets - En Francais, Summer Silhouettes, In Stitches Wheel (which has been taken apart to make separate stamps), French Foliage and a retired sentiment
Elegant Butterfly Punch, Autumn Accents Bigz die
The background which the distressed panel sits on is a piece of Basic Black DSP from the Neutrals stack which has been sponged all over with Lucky Limeade - something I've never thought of doing but it does give a really nice effect.
If you would like to enter the challenge, or just take a look at what others have done, this link will take you there http://www.inlovewithstamping.com/forum/showthread.php?p=238630#post238630
I hope the next challenge card inspires me as much as this one did!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh Margaret, you've done very well with this and it's turned out so beautiful. Your leaves look so life like and love the delicate colour on the butterflies. Looks like you had fun here! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely. I love to look at cards made from other company's stuff and see how I can case it using SU things. I love what you've done here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful Margaret! I love the style and the colours, and you have cased the card the card perfectly!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...