Pages

Friday 12 April 2013

Not So Inspiring!


When this catalogue (above left) dropped through my door the other day I looked at the cover picture and thought 'now there's an inspirational challenge' (more of a challenge than inspirational I assure you!). So, as I have set myself a personal challenge to use more colour combinations, I set to and made this card. I will say, before I go any further, that I really don't like the finished card but at least I rose to the challenge and got out of my comfort zone (well and truly!)
The colours I used were Island Indigo (which is much brighter than it appears in the photo) Chocolate Chip, Calypso Coral, So Saffron and Whisper White. The wavy strips were cut with the Tasteful Trim Bigz XL die and, once everything was glued into place I ran the panel through the Square Lattice Embossing Folder before matting on to a card blank with dimensionals. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes punched with the Small Oval punch. I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear that I don't think I will be making too many cards like this one!!
Now let me show you something REALLY nice! At my class yesterday both my sister and Jen turned up with homemade goodies for 'coffee time'. Both of them forgot to take the spares home so it looks like I'm just going to have to eat them myself - oh what a shame :0)


                  Carrot Cake Cupcakes


                                           and


                                       Danish Pastries (the one bottom centre got eaten before I took 
      the photos, but there's a crumb left!!)
 



1 comment:

  1. Your card is BRILLIANT. I love it's tribal appeal and the bold colours on it. Do, do make more of these. And those yummies look delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...