Pages

Thursday 31 October 2013

Shabby & Vintage?






If you have visited my blog recently you may have seen two cards which I entered for the House of Cards October Sketch Challenge (you can see the sketch below) - one being CAS and the other Classic & Elegant styles. Well this week the style is 'Shabby & Vintage' and I can honestly say I don't think I've ever made a card in this style (well not intentionally!!) Not to be beaten I had an idea in my head and set to - whether it can be described as shabby, vintage, a mixture of both or neither remains to be seen but at least I tried.
I started with a piece of Pink Pirouette DSP and sponged around the edges with Crumb Cake then added the 'crosses' with two strips of cardstock which had been cut with the Scallop Trim Border Punch, this was then matted onto a Crumb Cake card blank. The fancy circle in the centre is from the Perfect Pennants Bigz die with a circle of DSP, cut with a Circles Collection Framelit, matted onto it and stamped with the sentiment from Field Flowers.
For the larger flowers I took a piece of Pink Pirouette cardstock, distressed it with a bone folder and separated the two layers before cutting with the Floral Fusions Sizzlits die. These were sponged lightly with Crumb Cake before glueing the layers together and a Basic Pearl added to the centre. The leaves were cut from the Little Leaves Sizzlits die and the tiny flowers from one of the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch pack. The 'ribbon' loops are pieces of Crochet Trim coloured with Pink Pirouette ink. My apologies for the long explanation but there were a lot of different components to the card and this is one I definitely won't be adding to my 'Simples Sunday' collection :0)



This is the sketch!!

                             
              Margaret x

4 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, just right for our shabby and vintage week, thank you for joining us at HOC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is most definitely Shabby Chic/Vintage!!! LOVE the soft colors and the gorgeous elements--absolutely stunning work! Thanks for joining us at HOC--hope you join us again soon! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Margaret <3 Beautiful
    Hugs Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello MARGARET
    You have definitely related a Vintage appeal with this card, it follows the sketch beautifully as well.
    Great work, we appreciate you making such a lovely card for HOC Challenge.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...