Pages

Saturday 18 August 2012

Tearing


I hope you are enjoying what they are promising to be the hottest day of the year so far. I was up with the lark and out tackling my garden which, at the moment, is masquerading as a jungle but by lunchtime it was far too hot for me so I came into the cool and made a card for the LIM challenge. This week the theme is 'Tearing' and this is what I've come up with - using THAT stamp set again (Reason to Smile). I inked the stamp using Calypso Coral and Lucky Limeade markers and stamped the image three times, I then lined up the edge that I wanted torn with a piece of Lucky Limeade cardstock and randomly tore both pieces of card at the same time. I then trimmed the Whisper White cardstock just enough to leave a green border when I layered the two together and, before positioning onto a card blank, I wrapped some Lucky Limeade ribbon (no longer available) round, tied in a bow and added a sentiment tag. Two butterflies, cut with the Beautiful Wings Embosslits die, finished the card off.
Have a great weekend and hopefully I'll be back soon x

16 comments:

  1. Lovely fresh card Margaret
    I had originally decided to do this type if design, I have the card and paper torn in my desk!
    Thanks very much
    Mandi LIM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooo I am melllting lol

    Love the whole torn corner concept...works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, colours and tearing, particularly loving the tearing

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea Margaret, the tearing looks so good and love the colours youve used. Enjoy your weekend. Aud x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, the layerd torn edge works well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! What a cool effect the tearing has on this image!! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, such pretty colours. I've just seen you had another go, with equally great results.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is such beautiful stamping with some seriously fabulous tearing. The ribbon finishes it off wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards - love both colour combos. Isn't it lovely to find a stamp set that you just cannot put down. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card & the green matting brings the colours out so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card... love the double tearing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. So fresh - lovely.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry that I'm late in visiting this week, but I have been on a wonderful cruise to Norway where I didn't have very good Internet coverage!
    Thanks so much for your lovely contribution!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...