Pages

Sunday 13 October 2013

Simples Sunday


Today's post should have the title - Simples Sunday using Scraps because that's exactly what it is! I was asked to make a 50th birthday card the other day and these leftover oddments were lying on my desk, so what could be simpler than using pre-cut cardstock or pre-stamped images?
For my commissioned card I cut an aperture in a piece of Perfect Plum, using one of the Labels Collection Framelits, so this left me with the diecut shape which I used for the centre of this card. I stamped the now retired Beautiful Birthday sentiment onto this using Whisper White Kraft ink and stamped a couple of flower images directly onto the card blank before fixing the diecut. A few leaves from Stippled Blossoms were stamped around in Pistachio Pudding and the three diecut flowers, from Flower Shop, were arranged on top. The 'friend to friend' is from Teeny Tiny Sentiments and punched with the Word Window punch.
I am always very careful to keep all my leftovers as they can be really useful if you need to put together a quick & simple card - the only trouble is, once I have tidied them up, I never seem to remember to use them!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'll be back soon

1 comment:

  1. This is really beautiful Margaret! I love the coloured die cut sentiment and those flowers look so pretty :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...