Pages

Saturday 30 March 2013

Scallops


Good morning, well it's snowing - again! A good excuse for me to do a bit of catching up with my blog :0)
This week LIM have a guest designer, Lizy Bartaby, who has set the challenge of 'Scallops'. Lizy's projects are lovely so do pop over to her blog (here) and take a look.
Now I have a confession to make - today's entries were not made for the challenge, they were made a while ago but have just not managed to find their way onto my blog yet! They are scallops so I thought it was an ideal opportunity to kill two birds with one stone - get them on here and enter the challenge! I do love scallops so I'm sure I will be back with more entries specifically made!
The card and treat box were made for a friend's birthday using the Ovals Framelits collection and Bigz Alphabet Typeset dies with a stamp from Mixed Bunch. I used Baja Breeze DSP and, to get the scallops around the central oval, I punched a strip of DSP with the Scallop Border punch and snipped down each scallop to allow me to shape around the oval. The 'H' was cut from chipboard covered with DSP. The larger base oval was run through the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing folder before assembling the card. The treat box was made with the large scallop oval, again from the Ovals Framelits.
My second card is a wedding acceptance card using a stamp from Love & Laughter, silver embossed and matted onto Brushed Silver cardstock. The sentiment is computer generated and is matted onto a Scallop Oval.

6 comments:

  1. Hola Margaret, beautiful projects, i like the colours!!!, gorgeous your treat box, i like the wedding card so elegant, fantastic ideas Margaret, well done!
    Hugs from the windy island

    ReplyDelete
  2. How talented are you to make that lovely treat box and matching card. Love the colours. The acceptance card is very elegant and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These all look super!
    Thanks so much
    Happy Easter!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret...you've got several beautiful cards here! I especially love the wedding dress card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab little cards

    Thanks for joining us this week
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to leave me a comment. They make me happy!
Margaret x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...